Steps to Buying
Steps to Buying
Buying a home is personal and emotional. Your relationship with our team has to be built on expertise, trust and mutual respect. After all, we will be acting as your eyes, ears and voice throughout the process. We have an ethical and fiduciary duty to act in your best interests, to be completely transparent and accountable to you.
Step 1 Choosing An Agent
If you’re on this page you have the first step covered already!
Step 2 Getting Pre-Approved
What you can spend on a home before you start shopping. Your Bank or Mortgage Broker can help you decide what your down payment will look like and will discuss all your financing options. Getting pre-approved can also protect you against possible rising interest rates while you are shopping. The mortgage industry is a highly competitive field and it’s important to understand that interest rates can change at any time. Partnering with a mortgage broker or financial institution to help you find the right mortgage product at the best rate is key to your home buying process.
Step 3 Define Your Needs And Wants
Make a list of the things you simply can’t live without, like the number of bedrooms and bathrooms your family needs, proximity to schools and work, or storage needs. Then list some nice-to-haves: maybe an ocean view, RV parking or a workshop. This will help you further down the road when you start looking at homes.
- Major Elements Of An Offer
- Inclusions and Exclusions
- Closing or Possession Date
When You Choose To Buy A Home With The Shoreline Real Estate Team
We strive to empower you with key market information and every possible advantage to ensure you’re an educated buyer. Educated buyers are able to make informed decisions, creating a stress free and more enjoyable home buying process.
Here’s What To Expect From Your Shoreline Team
- Access to property listings from a variety of advanced property search programs.
- Proactive prospecting within Campbell River to locate potential sellers with homes that match your criteria that are not actively for sale on the market, but may be considering selling.
- Access to For Sale By Owner homes that match your criteria.
- Up-to-the-minute access to the best deals on the market including brand new, MLS listings, newly price reduced properties, current bank foreclosures, new home options and deals under contract that have fallen through.
The Education Process
- After our initial fact gathering meeting, we enter a detailed summary of your wants and needs in a home, into our database and a variety property search programs.
- We will provide daily update emails on all the homes that are new to the market or have had a recent price change and that match a broadened scope of what you are looking for.
- As market area specialists with a pulse on local and national real estate market trends and changes, we ensure you are kept informed of all relevant industry changes that may impact your buying decision including price trends and mortgage rates.
- We personally view the majority of new properties listed in the area and take in several listings ourselves. This hot new listing information is passed on to our clients first.
- When you find a home that peaks your interest, simply contact us and we will arrange a convenient time to view.
When you choose Deanna, Mark and Neil at Shoreline Real Estate Team, Royal LePage Advance Realty as your Personal Realtors®, you are choosing:
- Trusted professional Realtors® dedicated to serving your personal real estate needs first and foremost.
- Agents with over 80% of their business coming from direct referrals from past clients.
- A wealth of knowledge and expertise working in Campbell River since 1999.
- Highly skilled negotiators working on your behalf, whose primary goal is to help you find the right home, at the right price with little to no stress or inconvenience to you.