Steps to buying
Step 1 Getting pre-approved
Find out what you can spend on a home before you start shopping. Your Bank or Mortgage Broker can help you decide what your down payment will look like and discuss all your financing options. Getting pre approved can also protect you against possible rising interest rates while you are shopping.
The mortgage industry is a highly competitive field and it’s important to understand that interest rates can change at anytime. Partnering with a mortgage broker or financial institution to help you find the right mortgage product at the best rate is key to your home buying process.
Step 2 Define your needs and wants
Step 3 Choosing an Agent
When you engage the services of your own personal agent— you get someone who works solely in your best interest and provides you with:
- Confidential assistance that addresses your needs first.
- Honest, loyal and diligent care free from any conflicts of interest.
- Access to all listings including MLS, bank owned properties, distress and estate sales, even homes that were previously on the market where the seller might still be interested in selling.
- Expert advice on useful clauses such as home inspections and financing to protect you fully.
- Expert negotiation of the offer to purchase to achieve the best possible price and terms.
- Expert advice on market value, inclusions, location, as well as help you decide when you should walk away.
- Discovery and disclosure of all information about the property including liens, warranties, disclosures, seller’s purchase price, and market and planning activity in the area.
Buying a home is personal and emotional. So the relationship with your real estate agent has to be built on expertise, trust and mutual respect. After all, they will be acting as your eyes, ears and voice throughout the process. They have a fiduciary duty to act in your best interests, to be completely transparent and accountable to you.
Major Elements of an Offer
Depending on local market conditions, your opinion of value, and marketing information provided by your REALTOR®, the price you offer may differ from the seller’s asking price.
The deposit shows your good faith and will be applied against the purchase of the home when the sale closes. Your REALTOR® can advise you on an appropriate amount.
This includes the total price offered and the financing details.
These might include “subject to home inspection”, “subject to buyer obtaining financing” or “subject to buyer selling their property”.
- Inclusions and Exclusions
These might include appliances and certain fixtures or decorative items, such as window coverings or mirrors.
- Closing or Possession Date
Generally, the day the title of the property is legally transferred and the transfer of funds finalized and you get the keys!
When you choose to Buy a home with Deanna Collins
Deanna strives to empower you with key market information and every possible advantage to ensure you become an educated buyer. Educated buyers are able to make informed decisions creating a stress free and enjoyable home buying process.
Here’s what you can expect from Deanna:
- Access to property listings from a variety of advanced property search programs.
- Proactive prospecting within Campbell River to locate potential sellers with homes that match your criteria that are not actively for sale on the market now but may be considering selling.
- Access to For Sale By Owner homes that match your criteria.
- Up-to-the-minute access to the best deals on the market including brand new MLS listings, newly price reduced properties, current bank foreclosures, new home options and deals under contract that have fallen through.
- The most current real estate market information that may impact your buying decision including mortgage changes, statistical sales data on median house prices, sales and months of inventory, local area market changes, trends and much more.
The Education Process
The Deanna Collins Home Buyer Process keeps you informed every step of the way.
- After our initial fact gathering meeting, we enter a detailed summary of your wants and needs in a home into our database and a variety property search programs.
- We will provide daily update emails on all the homes that are new to the market or have had a recent price change and that match a broadened scope of what you are looking for.
- As a market area specialists with a pulse on local and national real estate market trends and changes, we also ensure you are kept informed of all relevant industry changes that may impact your buying decision including price trends and mortgage rates.
- We personally view the majority of new properties listed in the area and take in several listings ourselves. This hot new listing information is passed on to our clients first.
- When you find a home that peaks your interest, simply contact us and we will arrange a convenient time to view.
Shoreline’s Buyers know…
- The current fair market value of the home that they want to purchase so they don’t overpay.
- Everything available on the market now within their criteria as well as what is potentially coming to market soon so they can compare.
- They receive the most relevant and up-to-date market information available.
- When they have found a great home at a great price.
- They get the best financing options: rates and terms.
- How comforting it feels to know that their interests are protected.
- They are in a strong negotiating position with me in their corner.
- How nice it feels to have a stress-free and enjoyable home buying experience!
When you choose Deanna and Mark at Shoreline Real Estate Team, Royal LePage Advance Realty as your Personal Realtors®, you are choosing:
- Trusted professional Realtors® dedicated to serving your personal real estate needs first and foremost.
- Agents with over 80% of their business coming from happy homeowners who can’t wait to tell their friends about their extraordinary home buying experience.
- A wealth of knowledge and expertise working in Campbell River since 1999.
- Highly skilled negotiators working on your behalf.
- Representatives whose primary goal is to help you find the right home, at the right price with little to no stress or inconvenience to you.